This week I am so excited to be talking about self-love, my personal definition of it, how it helps and affects your marriage and also share some of my favorite tips on how to make love last.
And for a change of pace, when I say talking, I really mean talking – since this week I am sharing a video interview I did with the ever insightful and inspiring Emily Pelligra from Garden Dine Love. It was such an honor and a pleasure to be interviewed by Emily. I hope your enjoy our conversation as much as we did!
You can press play on the video below to watch it now, or download the audio to listen to later.
Here is what we will cover during our 45 minute very soulful conversation.
• How I became a Life Coach and Marriage Writer
• My Definition of Self Love – Sneak Peak: Trust in yourself, have compassion for yourself and value yourself – we go into lots of detail on what that means what that looks like in practice during the interview.
• Also, one of my favorite things my husband taught me is that you don’t need to heal all your self-love issues to have a loving relationship. Your relationship can be a space for healing especially when that person you love hold up an emotional mirror to you so you can see yourself the way they see you.
• When we talk about building trust in ourselves as a way to increase our experience of self love, it’s important to remember the tiniest thing you can do to increase your trust in yourself might be the most microscopic action you can take and that action then increases your own confidence and trust in yourself. (I call these Micro-Actions. They can be tiny but they can also be super powerful.)
• We also ask – do we need to understand each other? Or can compassion be enough even when we don’t understand our partner?
We also talk in depth about 6 of the 12 ways to make love last from my Manifesto for a Happy Marriage. You can read that whole post here: http://modernmarried.com/manifesto-happy-marriage-12-ways-make-love-last/
ADDITIONAL NOTES + LINKS:
- During the interview I mention a class I took called Soul Vows with Janet Conner. It’s awesome and one of my favorite classes I have ever taken. You can find the information about it here: Soul Vows Class – http://janetconner.com/soul-vows/
- I also mention a workshop I attended with Christine Kane. I wrote about that experience here: http://modernmarried.com/christine-kane-taught-uplevel-life-changed-world/
- If you read this blog regularly, you know I LOVE the research team at the Gottman Institute! Of course I mention them in this video and wrote about Emotional Bank Accounts in this post: http://modernmarried.com/build-emotional-wealth-one-deposit-at-a-time/
- And you can find Emily and a whole host of inspiring interviews on her blog here: http://gardendinelove.com/modern-married-with-maggie-reyes/
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What Micro-Action are you going to take to make your marriage awesome this week?
IS COACHING CALLING TO YOU? Click here to schedule a What Do You Want + How Can I Help Call to review personalized coaching options to help you create the life and marriage you long for.
WAS THIS POST USEFUL or INSPIRING? Please share it! Together, we can heal the world, one heart at a time. Thank you!