I am still celebrating from last week’s blogiversary so I baked you some of my favorite marriage advice cake! (Yes, it’s made of words – no calories).
Today’s post is possibly the shortest since my first post ever which feels very New Chapter in the Blog-ish.
I had to think about my absolute favorite and most important advice for one of my dear friends who just got married. I had to take out all the fluff and make it short and sweet and delicious because newlyweds are busy people what with all the honeymooning going on.
So here you go, my short yet powerful list aka Marriage Advice Calorie Free Cake:
- Use your words. Simple but effective. ;-)…
- Create it every day. Aka there is no autopilot for love, you have to steer it in the direction you want it to go….
- Assume positive intent, then ask questions, then decide (works for almost anything)…
- Schedule fun. Schedule it! Plan for it, look forward to it and savor it.
- Remember that we all have personal responsibility for our own happiness, you are walking the path together but you cannot walk it *for*each other only *with* each other.
- Also kiss. Kiss a lot. And hold hands and dance for no reason. ❤❤❤
Your Love Mission – should you choose to accept it is to pick one of the above and practice it all week.
My favorite is the kissing, but I won’t tell you what to do. Nah, maybe I will.
Then kiss again.
And I would LOVE to know – What is YOUR FAVORITE MARRIAGE ADVICE? Please share in the comments.