It seems like everyone has different ideas about what makes a good relationship. I say relationships are like fingerprints – all different and all beautiful.
However, if you get a room full of wives together and ask them the secret to a happy marriage, you will find a pattern emerges. There is some humor, mountains of love, lakes of forgiveness and a lot of creativity.
The Secrets to a Happy Marriage are, first, not so secret and second what I loved about this list is that it reflects behaviors. We can’t control the economy or what our boss will do tomorrow or whether it will rain or if the game will be cancelled or if our kids are going to pass, but there is one thing we all have control over and that’s what we think every day and how we behave.
The secrets to a happy marriage have nothing to do with the size of our bank accounts or the kind of car we drive. (Though having two televisions helps!) The secrets to a happy marriage are all (mostly) within our control. Which means they are do-able, implementable, startable.
Pick one, start today. Then pick another one, add it tomorrow. If you feel like one of these is calling your name and you want more of it – take it, hug it and go for it.
The secret to accomplishing anything is to start. Now is always a good time.
Here are 25 Secrets to Happy Marriage by the women of ModernMarried’s Facebook Page.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say
- Be your husband’s girlfriend
- Remember it’s not about how many years you have been together, it’s about CREATING it ever single day
- Laughter and sex
- Two televisions (this one made me laugh!)
- Not fighting over the small stuff
- Showing love through thick and thin
- Not looking to be right
- Two playstations (for the gamers in the house)
- No drama
- Lots of hugs
- Learning to fall in love every day
- Consistent support
- Both of you thinking you got the best part of the deal
What would you add to this list? Please share in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, please Like it! Pin It! or Tweet it! Our community of love and creativity grows thanks to inspired hearts likes yours. Now go love and be loved. XO